Select a hexagon to display information here.
'Look Inside' and 'Purchase' open a new page.
Suitable for all ages, from young adults. This book is for you if:
- You want to help with a young person's education
- You want to relearn forgotten teachings
- You wish to expand your scientific knowledge
- You're curious about chemistry but don't know where to start (as I was)
- You want a comprehensive science reference
- You're a science student craving a broader understanding
- You're an educator wanting an additional lesson design resource
about the author
Kevin was born in London and lives in Swindon, Wiltshire, with his wife.
He left school aged 16 for a four-year apprenticeship with the Ministry of Defence, from which he obtained a Higher National Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
On leaving the MOD, he joined a multinational Information Technology corporation where, in a career spanning 30 years, he held numerous senior management positions in multiple technical roles.
Proofread over a two-year period by five people:
- Rosemary Carrigan (BSc., PGCE)
- Nichola-Jane Iddon (B.A. Cantab)
- Peter Morgan (BSc.)
- Steve Sutton (BSc.)
- Prof Anthony W. Parker (FRSC - Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry)
- It is the product of the author’s chemistry initiation
- Not a lightweight overview. A book that dives deep into the science
- Subjects start at a foundation level. No topic familiarity assumptions
- Most pages include a full-colour pictorial guide
- Over 3,000 indexed terms and a 365 definitions glossary
- Four levels of chapter nesting. Specific subject headings
- Page headers on every page
- Most subjects are completed on one page
- An explanation of each concept occurs at the point of introduction
- Additional relevant information in 234 trivia boxes
- The Periodic Table of the Elements
- Chemical Reactions
- Quantification of Elementary Entities
- Mixtures and Solutions
- Quantification of Gases
- Acids and Bases
- Organic Chemistry
- A Roundup of the Elements